Friday, September 7, 2012

Hi My Name Is...

Hello readers! This is the first of several blogs that are going to chronicle my journey of figuring out how to use the Career Athletes website. Since we are going to spend a fair amount of time together I think it’s important for you to know a little bit about me and why I’m involved with Career Athletes. Firstly, my name is Elayna and I’m a junior here at William Jewell College. I’m majoring in sports and recreation management as well as getting minors in communication and American history. I’m also involved in track and field and cheerleading at Jewell as well as a member of Zeta Tau Alpha sorority. As you have probably guessed I have a zero free time and am constantly having to juggle events and sometimes sacrifice sleep in order to stay ahead and prepared for everything.  Sports has been an instrumental part of my life and has greatly influenced the person I am today by teaching me traits such as time management, honesty, hard work, responsibility, team work, and self confidence. It was because of the positive influence sports (in particular gymnastics) had on my life that I came to Jewell and decided to pursue a degree in sports management. My ultimate goal is to come back to Jewell and help teach in the athletic department and coach the cheerleading team.  You are probably wondering what Career Athletes is and why I’m going to spend the next several weeks getting to know their website and company. Like you, until recently I had never heard of the company and had no idea what they did or why I should be involved with them. It wasn’t until my boss, Judy, informed me this week that because I am an athlete I would be teaching other athletes how to use the website that I actually found out about it and began looking into what they do. So, as a result this blog will demonstrate how simple and easy it is to use the website (because as my friends all know I’m not computer savvy at all). In addition it will show how it can help provide you with various networking and job opportunities as well as resume and interview tips. Feel free to come and ask me questions in Career Services or comment if you have questions or have experience with Career Athletes yourself. Hope you enjoyed the first post and continue to follow my journey!


Cheering on the William Jewell Football Team Freshman year!

No comments: